POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoPOV - second build : Re: PoPOV - second build Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:24:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoPOV - second build
From: Rune
Date: 22 Oct 2002 09:55:36
Message: <3db558d8@news.povray.org>
Greg M. Johnson wrote:
> My interest is in splines for keyframing the animation
> variables of a blob-based character.
>
> If you've seen any of the professional packages, there
> are dozens of variables for limb position/rotation,
> etc., and the transition is done in "spline-like"
> graphs.    Obviously, every limb control variable can
> be set independently, with different ones having
> different control points at different frames.
>
> Managing all of this with three dozen cubic_splines is
> doable but somewhat of a headache.  Is your patch
> offering any help here?

I think a system like that is too complicated and specialized for an
internal feature in POV-Ray, it would be difficult to make a system that
fits all cases.

I have tried to implement similar things in POV-script. Some of it is
used in my Lip Synch System, which can be found on my web site.

In the lip synch system it only applies to the muscles in the mouth, but
the concept is the same for anything moving that is controlled with
splines and where the concept of key frames make sense.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated Oct 19)